Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Unrefined Coconut Oil) | 750ml
About: Our Virgin Coconut oil (also referred to as Extra Virgin Coconut oil) is extracted from fresh Coconuts grown in certified organic farms of Sri Lanka. In manufacturing, the white flesh of the Coconut is dried and cold pressed at very low temperatures, retaining its nutritional value. The extract is then filtered free of sediments without using any artificial additives. Virgin Coconut oil has a very good taste and smell since it is derived from fresh coconuts and is subjected to very low heat and sunlight. It is also not refined, bleached, deodorised. This preserves all the natural goodness of Coconuts, including its high content of antioxidants, vitamin E and minerals. Furthermore, the shelf life of virgin coconut oil is much longer than any other edible oil and its traditional variant, the RBD (Refined, bleached, and deodorized) Coconut oil.
Note: Virgin coconut oil extracted by the cold compression method is considered better quality than virgin coconut oil extracted by the fermentation method since the oil extracted by fermentation has higher moisture content and goes rancid quicker. If you ever need to melt cold pressed virgin Coconut oil (during winter), preserving its goodness, do not put it directly in the heat. Instead, put it in a small cup and place the cup in warm water.
Benefits: Organic Virgin Coconut oil is rich in anti-, analgesic, antipyretic, antioxidant, anti-stress, antiseptic and properties.
- Promotes good cholesterol (HDL) levels
- Promotes weight loss
- Promotes hair growth
- Treats skin problems (Eczema, Psoriasis, Dermatitis, dry skin etc.)
- Supports heart health
- Treats Alzheimer's disease
- Prevents yeast infections
- Improves dental health
- Improves digestive health
- Improves bone health
- Treats epilepsy (an MCT ketogenic diet is useful in treating epilepsy)
- Helps to boost energy
- Coconut oil for Cooking - Virgin Coconut oil can be used in frying and it is favored over coconut oil for baking and sautéing due to its creamy, tropical flavor.
- Coconut oil for hair and skin - Massaging with coconut oil assists in hair growth, prevents dandruff, improves blood circulation, lubricates the internal organs, joints and bones, improve quality of sleep, adds moisture and makes the skin and hair supple and smooth.
- Coconut oil pulling - The practice of oil pulling using coconut oil helps to combat harmful bacteria, reduces bad breath, prevent dental cavities and promotes gum health.
- Coconut oil as a dietary supplement - According to the holistic science of Ayurveda, virgin coconut oil is nourishing in nature, when consumed internally, it helps in enhancing strength and vitality. Like any other oil, Coconut oil must be consumed in moderation. If you are a heart patient, limit the consumption to 2-3 teaspoons a day.
- Coconut oil lamps - Anointing Coconut oil lamps clears the atmosphere of harmful microorganisms and bacteria due to its antiseptic and antimicrobial properties.
Share this Product
Cocnut oil is absolutely great .... and it smells so good
Thank you very much for rating Virgin Coconut Oil with a 5-star!